"This is more of a beauty question, but I know you guys do a lot of skin care stuff, so thought I’d ask. What do you suggest I do when I wake up with puffy eyes and an overall puffy face?"
Thanks for your inquiry!
Although the puffiness likely could’ve been avoided, it happens to the best of us! There are several at-home remedies you can try to alleviate these uncomfortable symptoms!
A few suggestions:
- According to discovery health, use SALT! “get rid of the puffy eyes by mixing 1/2 teaspoon salt into 1 quart warm water. Dip cotton balls or facial pads into the solution, then lie down and apply pads to the eyelids. Rest in this position for at least ten minutes while keeping the pads in place. You’ll arise with deflated eyes.”
- Drinking water to flush out any toxins and whatnot/hydrating yourself will let your body rid itself of the extra water it is retaining
- Use a cold washcloth (put it in the fridge for a few minutes after wetting it) and place on your eyes (and/or rest of your face). Cold will reduce inflammation.
- Cucumbers! Not only are they naturally refreshing and cool to the touch, but they also have astringent properties that will constrict blood vessels. Ideal for the morning after a late night or if your allergies have been acting up, etc.!
- Discovery health also recommended using egg whites, believe it or not. "Whip up 1 or 2 egg whites until stiff, and apply with a brush or soft cloth underneath your eyes. The skin will feel tighter and look less like puff pastry.” (http://www.health.howstuffworks.com)
Hopefully you will find at least one of these at home-remedies to really work for YOU! Be sure to let us know!
"I am a double process blonde and always seem to experience damage, regardless of the products I use…suggestions?"
It is certainly that time of year to BRIGHTEN things up! Remember, we offer a wide variety of salon/spa services, including express manicures & even hand-obsession treatments!
Additionally, as many are already aware, we launched our new INDIE line! from www.behindthechair.com, "No matter what the groundhog says, this pastel violet shade makes us feel like Spring is in the air! Perfectly balanced with an ash blonde base, this hue from INDIE Hair is wearable in any season.”
Call our salon, Somewhere To Be, today to inquire! 850-916-7887
Cool blonde is certainly costly and high maintenance. To stay within your budget, reduce damage, while keeping your hair looking healthy, I would recommend you add darker pieces underneath and through the fringe (ask your colorist about this).
By doing this, less of your hair will have to be lightened and toned…
Thank you for the inquiry!
sometimes change is EVERYTHING!
- Problems with acne?
- Age spots or sun damage?
- Sensitive skin, eczema, or rosacea?
WE CAN HELP!
Call us TODAY! (850) 916-7887
WAIIIT! Ask us about our recently launched skin care line! It will change your life!
"A girl should be classy & fabulous." -Coco Chanel"
…let us glam you up this January! Visit http://www.somewheretobe.net for a list of our new services, in addition to our recent specials and promotions!